Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Wiki, week two

Jeannie showed me how to create a link by linking my TS tour page to the sidebar (thank you, Jeannie). I also copied and pasted another TS document into wiki and created its link on my own. This is the "Why doesn't the author's name on the spine label match the name on the book" explanation about transliteration tables. I get this question every few months, and I posted the explanation on the web page, and now it's in the wiki as well. It really was easy, and it is immediately visible to anyone using the wiki, unlike posting it on the web page which may have to wait several weeks until someone in IT has time to post it.

I really would like KRL's wiki to become the one place to put any information that more than one person needs, and I will start by getting all of Technical Services' information in there. I'll also talk to Paulette about putting circulation procedures on the wiki, because that's what I have the hardest time finding.

No comments: