Friday, November 16, 2007

Flickr

I think sea shells are some of the most beautiful things on the planet, and I enjoyed looking at them on Flickr.

I started my Flickr assignment by reading most of the suggested "additional background information" sources. The Wikipedia article on Flickr is everything an encyclopedia article should be-- it covers the history of the site, its features, how it's used, etc. The BBC article on Flickr talks about how it can be used in social networking, and the Wired article has short descriptions about Flickr and a couple of its competitors. All of these are worth reading.

I'm not planning to get an account with Flickr, but I went through the tour and it looked very easy to use.

Anemones are beautiful and come in all sizes and colors. I have an orange one that's bigger than my fist, and a little green one like the one below.






I learned a little about Flickr this week, and a little about putting pictures into my blog!














1 comment:

krl2pt0 said...

i think one of my lifelong memories was being on Sanibel Island at sunrise, no one else on the beach, collecting shells and watching pelicans do suicide dives from 100 feet up, going after breakfast.

bc